Preliminaries Unit (Pre-year review)
Essential Question: What are the fundamental skills necessary to be successful in our 8th grade math class?
- Fractions: ordering fractions on a number line; comparing fractions; adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing. (3 -4 days)
- Percents: Basic review; converting between percents, fractions and decimals; percent applications with word problems (3 days)
- Integers: all operations (include fractions) (2 - 3 days)
- Order of Operations: multistep simplification of mathematical phrases incorporating integers and fractions/decimals (1 - 2 days)
- Evaluating algebraic expressions: evaluate mathematical phrases with one or more variables, incorporating integers and fractions/decimals ( 1 - 2 days)